Sunday, February 10, 2008

MYSQL Command Line Joomla Database Installation Tutorial

When installing Joomla, you will be prompted for database information. Here are the following steps that you need to complete in order launch joomla. In the following example, I will demonstrate create a database, user and grants.

1. Create user and assign Password
mysql> create user 'jdemo'@'localhost' identified by 'jdemo';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

2. Create Database
mysql> create database jdemo;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.04 sec)

3. Grants
mysql> grant all on jdemo.* to 'jdemo'@'localhost';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.03 sec)

4. Validation
Close or exit out of mysql. Then, open a new instance of mysql using the following commands:

mysql -u jdemo -p
Enter password: *****
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 753
Server version: 5.0.45-community-nt MySQL Community Edition (GPL)

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql>


5. Joomla GUI Admin Database Set-up during Installation

After I validated the login worked, I proceeded with a fresh Joomla install. Based on the demonstration above, the following information should be used when installing Joomla.

No comments: